- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 10-inch multi-purpose knife with rounded tip and serrated blade
- Stamped from a single piece of high-carbon stainless steel
- Synthetic polypropylene handle riveted for durability
- Precisely tapered blade; made in Germany; hand wash for best results
- Measures approximately 15 by 1-1/2 by 1/2 inches; limited lifetime warranty
A moderately priced companion to Wüsthof’s renowned Classic forged knives, this Gourmet Series 10-inch slicing knife has the same full-tang, three-rivet, virtually indestructible poly handle as Classic knives. Instead of being forged, however, Gourmet Series blades are cut from steel sheets by precision lasers. That means they have no bolsters. But it also means they are perfectly shaped and fit handles seamlessly. And the blades’ high-carbon stainless steel is identical to that of Wüsthof’s premium knives, only thinner. This knife has a blade with large serrations (or scallops) for slicing through crusty bread, roasts, hams, and even soft-skinned vegetables and fruits like tomatoes. The knife is dishwasher-safe, but hand washing is recommended to protect its edge. –Fred Brack